Sean C. Adam
Westbury, NY 11590
Institutional Corporate Bond Trader
Fixed Income IG & Crossover Bond Trader | Firsthand Interaction with Buy-Side Execution Desks via Newer & Ever-Evolving ECNs
Accomplished in fixed income and credit markets, demonstrating consistent profitability as trader and manager of trading desk in TMT and Utility sectors. Perform at forefront of new trading desk with extensive knowledge of numerous electronic platforms. Involved with takeover by private firm, divestitures to public bank, and internal merger. Exceptional real-time market analytical ability, providing client and trading desk with opportunities for profit.
Communicate quickly and clearly to compliance and risk management desks surrounding market conditions. Strong background supervising and mentoring junior traders and salespeople and advising desk. Solve problems efficiently, and understand market fluctuations and positions well for clients and desk. Utilize honed negotiations skills with electronic communication networks (ECNs) and other (MarketAxess, Tradeweb, Bonds.com) and independent pricing companies (Bloomberg and IDC) ensuring creation of desk-suitable products.
Knight-Bondpoint | Bonddesk | Auction platforms (GFI, Latium, & BGC)
Dark pool platforms (Teamwork & BTIG) | Microsoft Word & Excel
Maxim Group LLC, New York, NY 2016-03/2017
• Day traded Utility and Aerospace/Defense investment grade corporate bonds
• Oversaw a 2-3 million bond trading book.
• Opened new institutional sales accounts, while maintaining dealer sales and broker accounts
BNY MELLON CAPITAL MARKETS, LLC, New York, NY2010 to 2015
Managing Director, Head IG Corporate Bond Desk 2012 to 2015
• Monitored risk of $1.8B IG inventory and worked with risk management desk, ensuring company was within firm’s risk limits while allocating to appropriate sectors and curve.
• Traded positions in both Telecom Media and Technology (TMT), while backing up Utility and industrial sectors.
• Maximized profitability by analyzing best allocation of desk liquidity, guaranteeing organization’s market-making abilities was most efficient and suitable for clients.
• Attained, retained, and updated customers to new technology by training and mentoring newly hired and existing sales and assistants on new trading systems, as well as providing guidance on newer techniques.
Vice President, IG Corporate Bond Desk 2010 to 2012
• Traded positions in both Telecom Media and Technology (TMT) and Utility secto...
Login or Register to view the full resume.