• Employee Benefits expert with proven talents as a highly effective team member and representative. Recognized for exceptional ability to cultivate and maintain positive business relationships.
• Strong familiarity with the healthcare marketplace and national healthcare delivery system.
• Tactful and diplomatic problem solver with a proven ability to negotiate & identify problematic areas, discuss options and provide innovative solutions.
• Goal-oriented leader with excellent motivational skills, high-energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude. Dedicated to mastering product knowledge and serving as a resource to customers and team members.
Account Manager, Strategic Accounts 2007 - 2010
• Managed 10 major statewide employer group accounts with 15,000 members.
• Demonstrate an ability to influence the thinking of decision makers and stakeholders regarding healthcare benefits issues.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned growth targets for major existing accounts in assigned book of business.
• Development and execution of account management sales plans and strategies.
• Developed trusted advisor status with employers.
• Presented utilization data and chronic condition reports to employer groups and consultants.
• Worked closely with external consultants, internal underwriting, actuarial, and physician leaders.
• Strong working knowledge of financial costs of presenteeism vs absenteesism and basis for investment in employer Wellness programs
Account Manager, Large Group Accounts 2002 - 2007
• Managed 70 regional employer group accounts with 7,600 members.
• Leading Account Manager to support SF Medical Center Facility tours for employer customers.
• Successful working relationship with SF Medical Center physician and health educators.
• Maintained good working knowledge of regional and national health care issues.
• Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned growth targets for medium and large sized existing accounts in assigned book of business.
• Effectively manage all aspects of the renewal process including administration functions, negotiations and customer presentation.
• Position the organization competitively to ensure optimal membership growth and to protect against losses.
• Coordinate with Sales Executives to maintain positive relationships with brokers.
• Establish and maintain effective customer relationships with key decision makers and stakeholders, including consultants and brokers.
• Lead account team in prioritizing and targeting accounts, developing specific account plans, and directing daily activities to achieve account goals.
Login or Register to view the full resume.