As a recent graduate of the University of Kansas, with a focus in community health, I’m seeking a job within the healthcare industry. From in-home elderly care to child center support, physical therapy clinic experience to group fitness instructing – my diverse background provided a strong foundation rooted in nutrition, fitness, and over-all personal well-being.
University of Kansas, Lawrence, KS Aug. 2006 – May 2011
Bachelors of Science, Education
Emphasis in Community Health
Study Abroad for Education Majors: A Cross Cultural Experience; Carpi, Italy May 2009 – June 2009
Lifetime Fitness, Centennial, CO Oct. 2010 – Feb. 11
Child-center Team Member
- Coordinated events and birthday parties.
- Planned and executed lesson plans promoting healthy lifestyles.
- Organized indoor and outdoor activities and games.
Nanny/Caretaker, NE, KS, CO Aug. 2001 – present - day
- Privately employed in-home caretaker for children ranging from newborn-high school aged along with elderly adults suffering with life-threatening diseases, such as multiple sclerosis.
- Focused on providing a safe and healthy environment: meal preparation, transportation, teaching beginner skills, and organizing activities for children.
- Assisted in essential daily tasks: cleaning, transportation to appointments, errands, cooking, dressing, and bathing for elderly and disabled adults.
Peak Performance, Lawrence, KS May 2010 – Aug. 2010
Intern for Dr. Rob Jones, D.C., ART Specialist
- Increased knowledge of diagnosis and treatments for chronic and acute diseases.
- Demonstrated one on one with patients the proper ways to stretch and exercise to heal certain injuries.
- Customer service experience included appointment scheduling, answering patient calls, organizing and cleaning the office, and keeping the patient information confidential.
University of Kansas Student Ambler Recreation Center, Lawrence, KS
Login or Register to view the full resume.